MD IDS - Business analyst/Technologist
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Play as a technical expert of China Cloud based application development and support
- Understand the business requirements and Lilly technical standards, and develop applications on cloud environment (AWS and Azure).
- Work with China IDS architects to design application architecture & integration. Work with relevant teams to ensure the necessary environment and services are ready to use.
- Contribute to application modernization, such as migration on-premise apps to cloud (E.g. AWS Fargate/Lambda), and on-premise database to cloud based database (E.g., AWS Postgres Aurora, S3).
- Prepare development environment, be familiar with legacy application and contribute to modernization approach. Adopt enterprise architecture principles like API Centric design when implement systems.
- Drive trouble-shooting and resolve issues with cross functional teams (Lilly internal or external vendors like AWS/Azure). Provide suggestion for improvement and execute as needed.
- Develop training guides for new solutions and technical capabilities for China IDS team and provide knowledge transfer.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor Degree (or above) in Computer Science/engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years’ work experience as a technical role, including at least 3+ years development experience in application development and support.
- Proficient skills in JAVA, NodeJS
- 2+ years experience of cloud based application development. Especially, multiple concrete development cases with AWS services (e.g. Fargate, Lambda, Aurora Postgres, S3 etc.).
- Fluent in English Communication (Speaking, Reading and Writing) and good documentation & presentation skills
- Good troubleshooting skill and good coordination skill with different teams to solve problems
- Good learning agility and good team player, willing to do research for new and emerging technology
- Project Management experience
Having an experience of multi national companies Having cloud certificates (admin, development, architect & etc. for AWS/Azure) is a plus
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-8857.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up