LCCI Team Lead – Medical Affairs
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Scientific data and information are core assets of Lilly. Providing balanced, objective, and accurate information to regulators, the scientific community, health care professionals (HCPs), payers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle is fundamental to Lilly.
As HCPs are deluged with data and are making choices in an increasingly complex and stressed health system, Lilly Medical Affairs (MA) is able to provide clear, credible answers that will set Lilly apart from its competitors. MA mission is to make Lilly the preferred pharmaceutical partner in the healthcare community globally by leveraging its medical expertise to drive patient-centric answers and solutions. MA brings deep medical expertise to HCPs and payers and focuses on answering HCP questions with customized clinical and real-world evidence that can make the difference on if and how they use Lilly products. Additionally, MA brings clinical insights from customers back to Lilly to inform new product development and lifecycle planning. MA also supports patients with educational tools to help them manage their illness and with assistance to access our medicines for those facing tough financial situations.
The Medical Affairs (MA) - Team Lead is responsible for managing a book of work through capacity and personnel management, staff recruitment and development, business planning, and cross-functional communication. The Team Lead will be responsible for working with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to facilitate the delivery of Medical Affairs solutions for HCPs and patients. The Team Lead / Manager will draw upon information from multiple internal and external sources to lead and provide technical coaching to the content development team (writing, editing and graphic design) to ensure the effective dissemination of scientific information and the delivery of the portfolio. The Team Lead / Manager will collaborate and influence teams and work closely with Managers and Leads across Medical Affairs to ensure best practices across the function. The Team Lead / Manager will be responsible for developing scientific content for deliverables as needed.
The team will be key in maintaining and creating content to support Medical Affairs activities such as:
- Slide Creation and Updates (internal training, manuscript & data, affiliate slides, advisory board, competitive landscape, Mechanism of Action, Mechanism of Disease, Pathophysiology of Disease)
- Newsletters/ bulletin
- QR Compendium
- Creation and update of HCP & patient education material in various formats
- Image sourcing, image redraws
- MQAD (Medical Questions Analysis Document)
- EMS (Executive Medical Summary)
- Digital/graphic design content (e.g., animations, video clips, interactive tools)
- Education Literature & Desk research
- oversight of the process for content review (MLR)
- Responsible/accountable for management/delivery of overall book of work for assigned area.
- Develops and executes sourcing plans in partnership with Medical Affairs leads to ensure seamless delivery of asset plan and priorities.
- Collaborates with function, capability, and site leadership to ensure alignment of business planning and operations.
- Coordinates across and develops synergies with therapeutic areas, phases of development, and geographies.
- Adjusts work plan based on shifting priorities using effective change control.
- Leads and directs internal and external team members in achieving team goals.
- Identifies and resolves issues impacting delivery of work.
- Conceives and implements new and efficient ways to accomplish goals.
- Partners in the selection process and may manage relationship for preferred vendors.
- Regularly reports results of team activities/metrics to leadership and stakeholders
- Manage audit readiness, quality, and compliance to ensure deliverables are accurate, transparent, of high quality, and in compliance with internal/external guidance/regulation.
§People Management and Development
- Recruits, develops, and retains a strategic and operationally capable workforce skilled and knowledgeable in scientific communications and medical/patient education deliverables.
- Effectively creates and manages an agile organization that continuously meets the needs of a changing portfolio.
- Builds an organizational culture aligned with Team Lilly – inclusion, innovation, acceleration, delivery, integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- Develops staff who demonstrate expertise in drug development, therapeutic area science, strategic thinking, project management, and cross-functional leadership.
- Provide input on employee development, talent assessment, and succession planning activities.
- Develops an organizational talent base that demonstrates judgment-based decision making.
- Provides guidance, training, and supervision to personnel.
- Appropriately manage the workload of direct reports; monitors project timelines and quality and communicates priorities to direct reports.
- Provide technical support and guidance to direct reports as needed.
- Evaluates performance by reviewing documents and attending writing team meetings and recommends developmental actions for all assigned staff.
- Ensure all direct reports are compliant with company policies, procedures, and regulations.
§Document Preparation, Development and Finalization
- Develop scientific and/or medical affairs content for deliverables as needed per the responsibilities covered in the job description for LCCI Content Developer – Medical Affairs; the percentage contribution of these responsibilities will vary according to the need of the business.
§ Subject Matter Expert/Organizational Effectiveness
- Leads development of new and emerging capabilities to support the effectiveness of Medical Affairs.
- Functions as expert on document strategy, planning and execution, and industry standards and guidelines.
- Shares expertise with others.
- In partnership with others, develop, implement, and update Lilly policies, procedures, training, and tools that are compliant with industry guidelines.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Master’s degree in a scientific, health, communications, technology, health outcomes, or public health related field.
- 3 years’ experience medical communication / pharmaceutical industry.
- 2 years’ experience in leading/managing a strategic portfolio or business process.
- Experience leading others, including relationship and team building, setting expectations, holding others accountable, and technical coaching.
- Strong scientific /medical communication skills, including extensive experience in writing, reviewing, and publishing scientific/medical materials and the ability to appraise scientific literature and raw data critically.
- Experience creating or managing digital work/deliverables such as graphics, animations, video clips, interactive tools.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and succinctly with all audiences and forums through exemplary oral and written communication skills.
Location: Bangalore, India
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Advanced degree (MBBS, MD, PharmD, PhD, MPH).
- Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, health outcomes, public health, scientific or medical communications field.
- Expertise in industry standards and best practices, compliance issues, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving skills, negotiation/influence/motivation, project management and critical thinking skills with ability to use effectively in a team, cross-functional setting and/or global environment.
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area or other medical/scientific-specific knowledge and experience (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology, endocrine, health outcomes, public health).
- Experience managing business plans, budgeting, and capacity resourcing.
- Knowledge of scientific, statistical, and research principles and guidelines.
- Experience in digital tools and multimedia.
- Experience in the global environment and an appreciation for global diversity.
- Knowledge of software/tools used in scientific/medical communications writing.
- Experience leading submission or launch activities.
- Limited travel, including international, up to 10%.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-11261.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up