LCCI IDS - Tech Lead(AppDev)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Team Lead -AppDev
7 – 10 Years
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
Internal / External:
Lilly IDS plays a key role in delivering solutions and services across the Bio-Medicines, Diabetes and Oncology sales organizations. You will partner with all the Business Units to influence foundational decisions involving automation across different platforms. In addition, you will;
- Provide technical leadership and Development to internal customers for solutions that lead to improved efficiency and customer experience
- Oversee architecture, design and integration of solutions to be used by sales, medical and training and content management teams
- Exercise expertise with tools used by IT, sales and medical teams to deliver solutions
- Become an authority on processes and data used by our business partners
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a team of technical analysts
- Collaborating in an Agile / Scrum development environment to provide oversight and strategic planning for a multi-tenant application architecture and design
- Responsible for end to end Project delivery
- Strong knowledge on AWS/Azure based web development.
- Strong knowledge using AWS, Azure etc services and recommending best practices
- Strong knowledge of using Cloud Native AWS and Azure services for developing and deploying solutions as per request.
- Serving in a technical lead and advisory capacity for all areas related to AWS, Azure etc
- Mentoring the development team in creating solutions for the challenges that arise when implementing a multi-tenant, distributed platform
- Designing and building out a new multi-tenant, serverless in environment in AWS Lambda and solutioning using services like S3, EBS, EFS, Route 53, API gateway, CloudFront etc
- Architecting data partitioning for multi-tenant data storage, with Amazon DynamoDB - Exploring scenarios to create multi-tenant microservices architecture using the capabilities of API Gateways
- Hands on experience with DevOps/Automation tools including AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, EventBridge etc
- Design and Implement applications using latest service-based technology trends such as the 12-factor app principles and Micro Services architecture patterns
- Hands on experience developing webapps with either React or Vue JS.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, promises, and asynch-
- Experience with back-end frameworks including Express.js and Passport.js
- Familiarity with build tools such as Gulp
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha, chai etc
- Experience with database (DDL, DML, Queries, Joins, Stored Procedures
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with GitHub, Github actions and understanding of branching strategies
- Experience with continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment processes
- Maintain deep hands-on technical knowledge of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions and 3rd party integrations
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Cloud, Containerization and other industry-leading trends
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies , Cloud Migration and Application Modernization related projects
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- Strong knowledge in defining non-functional requirements like Performance ,Scalability, DR, Configuration Management, Resilience etc
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field
- At least 5-6 years of experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners
- Certification in AWS, Azure etc Preferred
- Providing guidance to high-performing engineering teams
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-14262.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up