LCCI BI&A – Medical Affairs Capability Analyst – Japan
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
LCCI BI&A – Medical Affairs Capability Analyst – Japan
The Business Insights & Analytics group already provides broad and deep analytical expertise and operational support to a range of Commercial functions and is currently building a similar capability for Medical Affairs. This role, the BI&A Medical Affairs Analyst will work on a range of Customer Insights & RWD sources and apply analytical/statistical methodologies, while always striving for process improvement, innovation in close collaboration with the Commercial-focused analytics teams. As Lilly strives to achieve these objectives, one of its key objectives is to enable the Medical Affairs group:
- to make data-driven strategic decisions by identifying unmet needs through Customer Insights & RWE, and
- to embed analytics in Med Affairs team operations, in close collaboration with commercial teams
The role requires collaboration with Japan Medical Affairs team in providing high quality analytical support that can drive better customer experience and business impact. It also requires the person to identify unmet analytical needs in medical affairs space and use the available data to provide creative solutions which would involve dealing with limitations and unstructured nature of data. The LCCI BI&A team comprises of creative problem solvers who support achievement of the brand’s goals, while always striving for process improvement and innovation.
Project Execution: as individual contributor, responsible to support medical customer insights process and analytical capabilities
- Build and exhibit deep expertise on available data sets and support data enabled decision making using a range of sources ( MedInfo Call Centre, Clinical Development, Customer Support Programs, MSL clinical insights, medical journals, Veeva, Customer 360 etc.)
- Use data gathered to support customer insights to develop medical strategy & solutions which will address HCP and patient unmet medical needs
- Use NLP and ML techniques to perform text mining analytics to arrive at the true patient and HCP unmet medical needs. Also, play with non-English qualitative data
- Ensure high stakeholder satisfaction through consistent delivery of high quality, timely and insightful outputs on various objectives related to the patient journey, unmet needs, omnichannel engagement, segmentation, targeting, and data support through data mining and warehousing
- Cross-collaborate across medical functions and business partners to effectively add value to the insight generation process
Project Delivery: as team member, drive
- Project management for seamless project execution, prioritization, and high-quality delivery
- Participating in various phases of the project including kick-off, methodology development, execution, insight generation and data visualization and results presentation to various stakeholders
- Process improvements and implementation of analytical best practices and share learnings in different forums
- Along with the delivery, develop oneself as a business partner who can add value through
- understanding business questions and be creative in providing easily consumable solutions
- provide recommendations on additional analyses that can be done using the data available
- Preferred degree in sciences or quantitative discipline i.e., Finance, Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Sciences. Experience in pharma/healthcare industry is preferable
- At least 3-6 years of evolving experience in data management, business/market intelligence, performance reporting and/or descriptive analytics for medical affairs / RWE leadership, with demonstrated results in understanding, structuring, and making sense of unfamiliar and messy datasets
- Coursework/qualifications in analytics, statistics, RWE generation, quantitative health economics, patient outcomes will be a plus
- Experience in working with business partners located in another country
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work, remotely, across time zones
- Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment
- Expertise in writing and debugging efficient SQL queries
- Coding: Python, R (At least 1)
- Excel, PowerPoint
- Tableau expertise is a must have
- Knime is an added advantage
- Experience in business analytics
- Data cleaning and preparation skill (database querying, descriptive statistics)
- Problem solving skills and lateral thinking ability
- An eye for detail
- Ability to work on projects individually and as a part of a team with less/no supervision
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-22550.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up