GS - Transparency Technical Integrator – GT IT Solution Architect
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Job Title: Global Transparency – IT Solution Architect
Within GBS, the Global Transparency (GT) Team is responsible for collecting and reporting global payments and other non cash transfers of value (e.g., business meals, airline tickets, etc.) provided to Health Care Providers (HCPs) and Health Care Organizations (HCOs) by Lilly and external third parties as required to meet various legal (including US Open Payments, US state and International) and global industry trade group requirements (including Europe and Canada)
This position will support the IT and Business components of the program to achieve the development and implementation of the required deliverables.
This position will be responsible for design and implementation of the data, systems and IT process architecture. The incumbent will need to gain understanding of data and business processes across the various business areas so that the data can be appropriately captured, integrated and reported. The incumbent will also evaluate and establish the tools and development environments necessary for the IT team to use for construction and validation of the deliverables. The incumbent will work with technical resources across IT teams to ensure data is accessible and design is effectively executed during the construction of the reporting system
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Works with team on development of global future-state architecture that integrates all transparency reporting and analytics needs.
- Drives future steady state architecture and operationalization activities
- Develop data mapping across multiple systems as required to meet needs of Open Payments, State, OUS and various spend reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps for technologies and services supported by the Global Transparency IT Team
- Define design and develop strategies for data acquisition, integrity, cleansing, validation and maintenance activities
- Coordinate with internal IT partners (Data Sharing, Global Services, Business Units, Medicines Development, SAP)
- Leads performance tuning and troubleshooting activities as required
- Identify synergies and reuse opportunities to achieve business goals
- Influences both business and IT leadership regarding current and future-state architecture covering the entire application portfolio
- Defines/formulates technology strategies in accordance with internal and external regulatory policies
- Plan and implement support processes for IT functions
- Coordinate with and provide consulting to related Global Services, Medicines Development, and SAP related projects and GTIT team members
- Partner with customers and IT Subject Matter Experts to evolve the services provided by GTIT
- Supports and/or contributes to the design, development, and delivery of end user training and/or procedures
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and develops business cases to support the business
- Coordinate hardware and software acquisition, installation, and qualification
- Overseeing the application of the Agile Scrum framework
- Ensuring that Software Developers, Testers & Business Analysts are adhering to the Sprint commitments
- Planning & delivery of Sprints, retrospectives & reviews
- Oversee contract/partner resource development deliverables (e.g. data movement, report development, testing)
- Ensure compliance with the Computer System Validation Policy, Information Asset Protection Policy and the Infrastructure Platform Qualification Policy
- Minimum 10 yrs IT experience
- Strong background with data modelling and broad knowledge of data, solution, and process architecture.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Understanding of Risk Identification and Management
- Demonstrated high learning agility of cross functional processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and significantly influence peers and business partners at a variety of levels
- Proven familiarity with data model and data flow concepts
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues
- Proven initiative to prioritize deliverables and activities in a fast paced and complex environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse data in order to draw conclusions
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Experience in a regulated computer system environment
- Experience with systems/data integration projects
- Systems testing experience
- Agile software development experience is essential
Must have technology skills/Experience Preferences:
- Enterprise Application Development experience
- Strong Data Solution development experience
- Strong Data movement tool experience
- Data Modelling and data warehouse experience
- Strong Data transformation tool experience ()
- Business Analytics tool experience
- SQL, PL/SQL, Python, node.js development experience
- Tableau / Power BI Development experience
- Familiarity with compliance programs
- Familiarity with Transparency Reporting requirements
- Enterprise Directory tool experience
- Business Analytics tool experience
- AWS Certification
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders (internally & externally) to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyze and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail & a risk based solution oriented approach
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst also engaging others to achieve their deadlines towards compliance & change initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively & influence across all levels and disciplines of the organization
- Able to operationalize key legislative requirements in a manner that the organization can rationalize and adhere to through effective drafting and monitoring of policies
- Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer application
- Demonstrate a strong compliance-oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture along with the relevant training materials & tools
- Familiarize with all applicable legislation to ensure that all internal policies and procedures are in compliance the relevant legislation
- Assist with the investigation and management of potential instances of non-compliance with company and external legislative policies & procedures
- Ensure robust reporting on the progress and resolution of compliance issues, including escalation to Compliance Officer/Senior Management/internal or external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Actively work with internal & external regulatory authorities to build effective working relationships
- Positive collaborating with the management team to identify solutions to legal, Employee Relations, data compliance and privacy issues.
- Demonstrate excellence in all interactions with our GBS internal customers/business partners
- Demonstrate a strong Continuous Improvement oriented approach & help to build a strong Continuous Improvement culture
- Actively work with the GBS teams to ensure an increasing level of efficiency in achieving the required legislative compliance
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-9026.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up