At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The purpose of the role is to work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to answer scientific questions through researching external and internal literature and data and presenting in an easily consumable and consistent format to stakeholders.
The responsibilities include analyzing and reviewing published clinical trials data across various therapeutic areas and actively contributing to the development of outcomes database that supports informed decision making at various stages of clinical development and post approval phases. The job necessitates a profound knowledge of pharmacology and clinical research, experience in systematic literature review, development and quality management of clinical outcomes databases and basic knowledge PICOS based literature search.
This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervisor regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
- Read and understand Curation Protocol requirements.
- Perform literature search - develop comprehensive search strings and screen abstracts for inclusion.
- Develop source dataset – Tabulate all search results, review and select references, track inclusions and exclusions.
- Conduct a sample extraction that cover maximum scope in order to review and finalize the specifications of outcomes dataset
- Extract data from full text articles:
- Trial design, treatments, demographics and outcomes data (biomarker, efficacy, safety and quality of life outcomes) from clinical literature.
- Extract data from graphs for outcomes reported on linear or logarithmic scales with precision.
- Develop outcomes dataset – Curate data, standardize curated data as per the requirements and specifications, perform QC checks and finalize for meta-analysis.
- Present and communicate data to stakeholders
- Identify any advance process improvement opportunities
- Conceptualize and contribute towards automation initiatives
- Maintain and enhance therapeutic area knowledge including, disease state and compound for assigned project.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Clinical trials.
- Stay current with external environment and emerging technologies
- Proactively share knowledge and promote a culture of excellence
- Be a team player
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Master’s Degree with:
- at least 3 years of experience in systematic literature review and scientific research.
- Hands-on experience in data curation and exposure to quality check (QC) is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the use of controlled vocabularies and ontologies in clinical research and experience with reading and comprehension of scientific journal literature.
- Knowledge of drug development process, clinical study designs and basic statistical concepts used in clinical trials.
- Development of summary level Clinical Trial Outcomes Datasets for meta-analysis.
- Cognitive abilities including; verbal reasoning, attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential along with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in varying environments and with multiple customer groups.
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentation and templates) particularly Excel.
- Contribute to process improvements, suggesting opportunities where appropriate
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience (e.g., neuroscience, immunology, oncology, or endocrine expertise)
- Statistical analysis and ability to learn analytics tools.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Limited travel, up to approximately 10%.
- Ability to work well across cultures and time zones.
- Master’s degree in a research focused discipline
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12664.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up