Data Analyst - Statistician
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Delivery, Device and Connected Solutions (DDCS) organization within Eli Lilly and Company supports the design, development, and commercialization of drug products and pharmaceutical delivery systems including medical devices and container closure systems.
The Data Analyst will play a key role in supporting a number of product research and development activities. For example: process, analyze and visualize delivery device injection physiology data; interpret the performance, characterization, and shipping/distribution testing of pharmaceutical packaging components and container closure systems for parenteral packaging (syringes, cartridges, vials), oral product packaging (bottles, blisters) and bulk packaging applications to enable use in clinical trials and support commercial drug product regulatory submissions.
The Data Analyst will:
- Analyze and process large data sets of varying complexity collected from physiological and mechanical tests and experiments. The data can be highly multivariate drawn from many sources ranging from simple electronic sensor outputs to video imaging. The analyst will apply statistical treatments, analytics, and visualization methods and streamline analyses by coding and implementing processing automation scripts.
- Perform data/statistical analysis and summarize outputs for all packaging component and container closure system testing such as syringe/cartridge functionality, performance, and stability testing (optimization studies, Design of Experiments methodology, screening studies).
- Perform data/statistical analysis and summarize outputs for shipping & distribution studies.
- Compile, process and present results of computational chemistry modeling for predictive studies of new container compatibility.
- Perform data mining on historical data.
- Communicate with DDCS Engineers and external contractors to align on platform and molecule-specific project needs for data analysis. Document information generated into electronic notebook, technical reports, and Power Point presentations.
- Partner with key stakeholders (internal and external to Lilly) to enable project progression from clinical development through commercialization.
- Ensure individual and departmental compliance with the laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures, and practices governing drug research and development, including the departmental and corporate standard operating, good manufacturing, and safety procedures.
A minimum of a Masters degree, preferably in Data Sciences or Statistics or Biomedical engineering with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Proficiency in statistical software (such as JMP)
- Proficiency in writing code and scripts in, for example, Python, R, Matlab.
- Working knowledge of experimental design and associated statistics.
- Previous experience clinical in studies (human or animal).
- Interpersonal communication skills for effective project consultation.
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and ability to identify problems and drive issue resolution / improvements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings interpretation and GD&T standards and principles.
- Limited Travel may be required to Lilly sites globally.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-818.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up