Consumer Analytics Lead
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The purpose of the LCCI Consumer Analytics team is to partner with US Consumer Analytics in providing high quality analytical support to Brand, Media, Agency and other internal partners through right data, smart analytics and actionable insights.
The LCCI Consumer Analytics Leader will lead a team comprising of creative problem solvers who support achievement of the brand’s goals, while always striving for process improvement and innovation. This role will also help develop a systemized approach’s and scale capabilities as Eli Lilly continues build an internal Consumer BI&A capability.
“Hands on” Project Execution & Delivery: ~50%-time commitment
· Serves as trusted advisor by actively participating in various phases of the project including kick-off, methodology development, execution, insight generation and data visualization
· Communicates with stakeholders to present the final outputs and provide recommendations
· Build and exhibit deep expertise on available data sets and supports data enabled decision making using consumer data from external suppliers (DCM, TTD, social, Live Ramp, Experian, Axiom, SEM/SEO,CRM etc.) and internal data for various other sources
· Ensure high stakeholder satisfaction through consistent delivery of high quality, timely and insightful outputs throughout analytics value chain on various objectives related to consumer journeys through data mining, descriptive analytics and predictive analytics including audience performance, channel performance, machine learning for next actions and content development.
Project and People Management: 50%-time commitment
· Ensures quality, speed, value and compliance throughout the analytics value chain
· Establishes project management for seamless project execution, prioritization and high-quality delivery from the team
· Supports creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality checklists that will enable excellent quality outputs for all outputs within the function
· Facilitates shared learning forums to identify challenges and establish best practices across the team
· Continues to expand the analytical capability of the team by taking on more complex projects and delivering value
· Identifies improvement opportunities and implementation of analytical best practices
· Lives the Lilly Leadership Principles: Connect with People, Be Determined and Drive Continuous Improvement
· Embraces and champion change
· Demonstrates ability to appropriately escalate when issues arise
· Identifies, recruits and selects top talent; manages new-hire onboarding
· Monitors employee engagement and team health
· Utilizes internal people management processes to operationalize organizational goals for team members
· Partners with direct reports to create individual development planning/action planning
· Serves as trusted career advisor, and work with Functional Leadership and HR to identify career opportunities as appropriate
· Conducts effective one-on-one coaching sessions using the Lilly coaching framework by encouraging two-way dialogue and open feedback, listening actively, being flexible, and identifying knowledge, skill and performance gaps.
· Undergraduate in a quantitative field (Engineering, Statistics/Maths, quantitative Economics and others as applicable)
· Postgrad/MBA would be a plus
Experience related requirements
- 7+ years of analytics experience with demonstrated ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment in analytics
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams; experience in managing direct reports a plus
- Experience in design, delivery and building consumer analytics teams for CPG firms and/or agencies a plus
- Experience with working in Agile/Scrum approaches preferred; certifications a plus
- Advanced Experience in R/Python - certification preferable
- Strong experience in Python, at least 1 data viz tool like Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Advanced MS-office skills (MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint)
- AWS cloud environment and cloud tools including but not limited to: Sage Maker, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Working understanding of CDP’s: Adobe, Tealium etc.
- An understanding of core marketing analytics concepts including impressions, clicks, pageviews, events, sessions, users, conversions, and attribution models
- An understanding of ETL concepts including the data integration pipeline, staging tables, incremental loading, SCD, data quality, business logic, and views
- Understanding of tag management and its implications on analytics deliverables
Travel <10% (when travel is safe again; expected to be 0 in 2021)
Location: Bengaluru; flexible in H1 2021 with remote work anywhere in India; post-H1 plans under discussion
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-7877.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up