BU IDS - GSS - Master Data Management
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Data Information Management
2 - 5 years
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Job Summary
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the globe.
Business Units Information and Digital Solutions (IDS) is a global organization strategically positioned so that through information and technology leadership and solutions, we create meaningful connections and remarkable experiences, so people feel genuinely cared for. The Business Unit IDS organization is accountable for designing, developing, and supporting commercial or customer engagement services and capabilities that span multiple Business Units (Bio-Medicines, Diabetes, Oncology, International), functions, geographies, and digital channels. The areas supported by Business Unit IDS includes: Customer Operations, Marketing and Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Market Research, Pricing, Reimbursement and Access, Customer Support Programs, Digital Production and Distribution, Global Patient Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence.
This position is responsible for providing support for ETL / ELT / File Movement of data. The key responsibilities will be to process and move data between different compute and storage services, as well as on-premises data sources at specified intervals. The employee will also be responsible for the creation, scheduling, orchestration and management of data pipelines.
Data Information Management
Information Management is the overall management of all types of information, structured and unstructured, whether produced internally or externally, which are used to support decision-making, business processes and digital services.
Roles in this family seek to understand the information needs from the beginning of the data flow to the end. Individuals in Information Management are perceived as subject matter experts on the data content for their function. They assess topics such as:
- Who needs the data (ie, access)
- How will information be derived from the data?
- What knowledge will be gained as a result of managing this data?
Key capabilities in this in this role family include:
- Information Lifecycle – is the application of policies and standards to enable information management continuum (the acquisition and exchange, validation, integration and preparation, accessibility, and storage and archival of information).
- Information Strategy - is responsible for defining the information framework that ensures compliance with regulations, standards and codes of good practice relating to information and records management, information assurance and data protection.
- Information Governance - ensure the data assets are fit for purpose, reliable, and protected at all levels of organization across all functions and locations.
- Information Stewardship - include management of taxonomies, data and metadata along with data quality. Ensures Master and Reference data domains are well defined and mapped to authoritative sources.
Note: All information management roles should have a foundational set of knowledge in: communication, leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills, solution / blueprint definition, business acumen, architectural processes (e.g. blueprinting, reference architecture, governance, etc.), technical standards, project delivery, and industry knowledge.
Business Analysis and Technical Leadership
- Engages with business and proactively seeks opportunities to deliver business value.
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
- Elicits and defines requirements
- Ensures appropriate business roles are engaged in solution execution.
- Participates in design reviews to ensure traceability of requirements.
- Networks with appropriate IT colleagues to determine solutions to meet business partners’ needs.
- Seeks opportunities to reuse existing processes and services to streamline support and implementation of key systems.
- Stay abreast of tools and technologies to influence IT strategy so that it provides best usage opportunities for business
- Responsible for system testing, ensuring effective resolution of defects, timely discussion around business issues and appropriate management of resources relevant to data and integration
- Partner with and influence vendor resources on solution development to ensure understanding of data and technical direction for solutions as well as delivery
- Ability to adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Master Data Management principles and concepts
- Experience with Master Data Managements platforms, preferably Reltio
- Experience with security models and development on large data sets
- Expertise in the design, data modelling creation, and management of large datasets/data models
- Ensure successful transition of applications to service management team through planning and knowledge transfer
- Experience with AWS ETL/File Movement tools.
- Experience with Agile Development.
- Familiarity with AWS database technologies.
- Familiarity with S3, Kinesis, Glue and Athena.
- Experience with Lambda, Python and Spark
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Ansible
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins toolsets
Preferred Qualifications / Certifications
- Experience working in regulated environments and with internal systems quality policies and procedures
- Experience in working in Scrum - agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management (GITHUB), build processes
- Knowledge of the data architectures associated with information integration, data visualization, & data warehousing
- Experience in development and deployment on cloud infrastructure
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Experience with Sales & Marketing Business processes & systems
- Defining best practices and developing technical standards, design principals, best practices, and frameworks
- Technical curiosity and desire to innovate
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-9861.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up