BU - Backend API developer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Software Engineer – Backend API Developer
Data Services Manager - LCCI
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
Internal / External:
The Business Unit IT Global Shared Services (GSS) organization is accountable for designing, developing and supporting commercial or customer engagement services and capabilities that span multiple Business Units, functions, geographies and digital channels. The areas supported by the Business Unit IT Global Shared Services includes: Global Customer Operations, Global Medical Affairs, Global PRA, Global Market Research, Global Patient Outcomes & Real-World Evidence, Next Generation Customer Engagement, Enterprise HealthCare Provider Engagement as well as the regional Marketing Operations, Commercial Operations, Multichannel Customer Engagement Hubs and PRA organizations.
This position is responsible for maintaining the technical system and integrations as well as enhancements to the global customer consent and preferences capabilities (GCCP). This position will report to the Director IT – Enterprise HCP Programs within the BU IT Global Shared Services organization.
The GCCP system is a custom developed solution to manage customer consent data and make the data available to multiple integrated systems. These systems rely on the accuracy of this information to maintain compliance and communicate with customers across digital channels. This solution is deployed in more than 60 countries. As a part of the GCCP application team you should be experienced in application development, DevOps, master data management concepts, data movement and integration technologies and operational support. This involves requirements, design and testing for application enhancements, life cycle upgrades, troubleshooting data and application issues, enhancements to APIs and changes to integrations with other systems that consume consent data (Veeva CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Identity Management Platform).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science and 3-5 years of IT/Programming experience
Mandatory Skills Required:
Hands on experience in the following technical skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in application development and data integration
- Full stack developer experience
- Experience with .NET, Node JS, SQL Server, Postgres DB
- Data integration experience usng REST APIs and integration middleware
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working in Scrum - agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management (GITHUB), build processes
- Experience in the design, data modelling creation, and management of datasets/data models
- Experience with master data management concepts
Good to Have Skills
- Collection and reporting of website analytics
- Familiarity with data reporting and analytics environments
- Experience working with stakeholders in different countries
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Defining and developing technical standards, design principles, best practices, and frameworks
- Engagement – Commit to the success of our business. Work with passion. Speak with candor and actively share your point of view. Listen openly and seek others’ views. Take on challenging assignments.
- Teamwork – Work as an exceptional team member. Understand the team goal. Understand your individual role and use your strengths and expertise to help the team achieve its goal. Break down barriers that keep the team from achieving its goal.
- Accountability – Be responsible for your words and actions. Make the decisions that are yours to make. Deliver on commitments and insist that others do the same.
- Action – Decide and act promptly, using good judgment. Anticipate and remove obstacles that get in the way of progress. Learn as you go. Change and adapt as necessary.
- Values – Demonstrate the Lilly values – Respect for People, Integrity and Excellence – through daily conduct.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Self-motivation to be able to work and learn independently in solving problems
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Quick learner to new trends in technology
- Excellent self-leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-2167.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up