Associate Medical Information
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Global Medical Information Associate
Anticipating customer questions and providing answers at the first customer touchpoint is a key objective for the Global Medical Information organization and all Business Units. Global Medical Information (GMI) plays an integral role in driving medical launch strategy through creation of answers to unsolicited requests from customers (consumers, health care professionals, and payers) and through collection and analysis of customer insights.
The GMI Associate is responsible for implementing and maintaining a global strategy for products that have already launched major indications within pivotal geographic regions. The GMI Associate may also help to deliver a portfolio of global medical information deliverables at product launch. The GMI Associate will continuously strive to improve the customer experience at first customer touchpoint (including call center, digital, and field-based medical support) utilizing existing and emerging technologies to deliver innovative solutions.
Primary Responsibilities:This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing successful relationships within compound and cross-functional teams. The Associate may work across regions and geographies, as well as with alliance partners and vendors to ensure quality deliverables.
- Managing a global portfolio of medical information responses (including but not limited to medical letters, FAQs, slide kits, literature searches, publications, webpages, etc) according to appropriate procedures.
- Responding to unsolicited verbal and written medical information inquiries from HCPs and consumers in a prompt, accurate, and compliant manner.
- Meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction objectives.
- Utilizing customer insights to drive the medical information strategy.
- Incorporating a multi-channel content strategy to deliver medical information to customers within their preferred channel for a specific compound or set of compounds, depending on lifecycle.
- Participating in ongoing comprehensive product/disease area training to affiliate and call center
partners serving as the medical information expert within area of responsibility.
- Providing staffing support and expertise at the Medical Information booth at scientific congresses.
- Providing coaching on specific deliverables and/or processes and participate in transformational initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Educational/Previous Work History Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare profession with at least 2 years of industry experience, OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare profession with at least 2 years work experience in designated therapeutic area or similar role, OR
- Master’s Degree in a healthcare profession, OR
- PhD with work in designated therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated mastery of written English and professional verbal skills in English.
- Demonstrated project-, time-, and self-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in varying environments and with multiple customer groups.
- Ability to assimilate and communicate large volumes of medical information in an unbiased manner.
- Ability to conduct literature search and review to represent the appropriate threshold of evidence when responding to customers.
- Adaptable to newly emerging technologies (including but not limited to, medical information resources, medical information content management systems, medical information delivery systems, field-based medical delivery systems, customer interaction analytics and customer management systems, etc)
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., databases, word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentations/PowerPoint and templates).
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Master’s Degree (e.g. PharmD or MSN)
- Highly motivated and able to operate independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent relationship building skills when working cross-functionally
- Establishes strong relationships with affiliate partners
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver content strategy implementation plans
- Highly motivated to learn new processes with a quality mindset
- There is limited travel required, approximately 10-20%, and may include international travel.
- A writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process. Additional writing samples may be requested.
- An oral presentation may be included as part of the candidate evaluation process.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Job Description Version History:
Description of Change
This is the initial release
Job Description Approval
Signature of Approver
Date of Approval
Name and Title of Approver
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-2621.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up