Associate Data Scientist (Analytical)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team in SMDD Analytical, works as an individual contributor on one or more project teams working on synthetic small molecules, peptides, and oligonucleotides. Job responsibilities include coordination of activities for the analysis of a variety of active pharmaceutical ingredients and dosage forms to evaluate stability, reference materials, support clinical trial materials, testing of raw materials and excipients, qualification, verification, and validation of analytical methods, and transfer of analytical methods and techniques to manufacturing sites and third-party testing laboratories.
- Understands and follows all relevant policies relating to this job including business, compliance, regulatory, quality, environmental, and safety expectations. Makes sound technical decisions, and appropriately communicates these decisions to other scientists and management.
- Demonstrates technical excellence at performing and assessing multiple analytical methods to enable oversight of third-party labs. Displays comprehensive knowledge of various techniques to enable troubleshooting and problem solving (e.g., HPLC, GC, X-ray diffraction, Karl Fischer, UV, MS, Dissolution, Disintegration, compendial and parenteral tests – particulates).
- Openly shares technical knowledge and key learning.
- Efficiently and effectively manages project deliverables to provide support for multiple projects at multiple phases.
- Establishes relationships with key business partners.
- Identifies internal and external customer requirements and develops solutions to meet customer needs.
- Maintains awareness of analytical science and pharmaceutical industry trends.
- Workday flexibility and effective at various forms of communication to enable participation in global team interactions.
- Demonstrates proficiency at data reporting, interpretation and trending (e.g., Empower chromatography software, and electronic laboratory notebooks)
- Demonstrates good documentation skills with regard to raw data recording and authoring of technical and regulatory documents (e.g., technical reports, data integrity reviews, and submission components).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-32393.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up