Associate consultant - Competitive Surveillance and Analytics
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Purpose of the Job:
The ability to collect and analyse information of competitors’ development strategies and integrating this information into Lilly Research Lab (LRL) portfolio decision-making has become a critical element of Lilly Research Lab’s portfolio management process. LRL R&D Strategy gathers competitive information and provides analyses and insight on the competitive environment in order to:
- Enable LRL scientists and Project Teams to create innovative intellectual property that will result in products that are uniquely positioned to succeed in the marketplace.
- Enable LRL management to drive informed decisions on portfolio projects and therapeutic/functional strategies.
The core of the Associate Consultant role is to be a trusted business partner who has deep technical information and data mining expertise along with a strong analytical skill set. The Associate Consultant will partner with the global R&D Strategy team to provide competitive intelligence research and analysis to support Lilly’s portfolio.
- Identify relevant and reliable competitive data/information and assimilate it quickly into useful formats for Competitive Intelligence partners and customers. Data and information requests will be scientific/technical requiring agility in understanding of scientific concepts and details.
- Use state-of-the-art methodologies (e.g., sources, strategies, techniques) to find and extract competitive information from resources, including, but not limited to, pipeline, clinical trials, business intelligence, and patent literature databases. This requires a basic understanding of database architecture, as well as how information is discovered, mined, and summarized. This position is focused on identifying information from publicly available sources and all within the guidelines of the Lilly Corporate CI policy.
- Apply analytical and creative problem-solving skills to bring data from multiple sources together and contextualize for research/business meaning. Projects may include, but are not limited to, landscapes (target, disease, clinical, or technology), pipeline analyses, company profiles, general surveillance.
- Identify and suggest alternative paths of inquiry for challenging questions. An inquisitive mindset and a passion for investigating hard-to-find information when addressing questions with ambiguity and uncertainty is necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Global R&D strategy team to prioritize work and deliver on time-sensitive requests.
- Be able to provide and defend gathered intelligence, methodology, content, and conclusions to the global R&D strat/leadership in a clear, concise format.
- Graduate/Post graduate/MBA/PhD in life sciences domain, scientific, or health-related field or the equivalent time-tested on the job experienced-based skills.
- 4-7 years of experience in competitive intelligence in life sciences domain with demonstrated ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects and juggle conflicting priorities.
- High learning agility; able to quickly grasp new concepts and absorb large amounts of information under pressure.
- Experience with analysis visualization capabilities including Excel, Tableau and/or Power BI.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry portfolios and R&D processes
- Skilled in searching out information from both traditional and non-traditional sources
- Knowledge of disease state biology supporting diabetes is an advantage.
- Strong work ethic, personal motivation, and team player who is dynamic and result oriented
- Good presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones.
- Attention to detail in every step of the capturing competitive intelligence data to ensure accurate, on time deliverables
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-8371.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up