HR/Learning & Development Associate
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
This is a unique opportunity to do a combination role whereby you will spend 50% of your time defining and executing L&D processes and the other 50% supporting and implementing HR Projects and Programmes, developing knowledge of the broader aspects of the HR function.
You will be responsible for the oversight, maintenance and review of the functional and site training courses and curriculum for the Company’s sales and marketing affiliate (NE Hub), and hosted organisations at the Basingstoke office.
You will be part of a dynamic team with varied responsibilities to grow and gain experience, while also being eligible to enroll onto a Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship to supplement their career development.
You will be the main point of contact for managers and employees with Learning Plan queries and will be responsible for troubleshooting and problem-solving learning plan issues with the global learning support services team in Cork, Ireland. As an integral member of the HR team, this role will support the Employee Relations team and HR business partners with the implementation of HR projects and programmes.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Learning and Development Administration – 50%
It is expected that 50% of your time will be dedicated to ensuring that the UK and NE Hub Learning Plan management processes are up to date and compliant.
- Undertaking assignment and management of Learning Plan activities for the NE Hub including the set up of auto-assignment profiles for Hub-wide training curricula
- Liaising with individuals and line managers to ensure employee learning plans meet the role requirements and the NE Hub Matrix is up to date on a rolling calendar
- Scheduling and coordinating the annual review of NE Hub training matrix with the NE Hub Lead Team & Quality group.
- Reviewing functional training requirements and assign learning plans for new starters and internal job changes.
- Carrying out an internal audit every quarter to ensure learning plans are correct and current for any new starters and internal transfers.
- Analyzing and resolving local issues with learning plans and working closely with the global business centre at Cork, Ireland for learning plan changes.
- Running monthly learning plan compliance reports for NE Hub as part of the NE Hub scorecard
- Acts as back-up cover to Nordics L&D administrator
- Shares ideas, observations, and suggestions for improvement with the team to support continuous business improvement.
General HR Project Support – 50%
As an HR Support associate, you will partner with members of the UK HR team to gain a varied experience in different HR projects that impact the UK, individual sites, and business units/functions.
You will be expected to take ownership and deliver on key elements of HR projects. Example projects could be:
- HR Policy creation, review, and implementation
- Wellbeing initiatives
- DE&I initiatives
- Change management processes
- Privacy assessments for HR Projects
- Support the employee relations team with the documentation of investigations, performance and or disciplinary meetings
- Hub-level reporting of key HR metrics
- HR communications
- You will work closely with members of the Employee Relations Team, the Senior HR Business Partners as well as the Nordic Training Coordinator in Finland.
YOU WILL COME TO US WITH
- An enthusiasm for and interest in building a career and knowledge in HR
- Display a passion for their job delivering quality outcomes through outstanding customer experiences
- Work constructively as a team member with a willingness to support others
- Good planning and organisational skills to proactively manage workload and close-out outstanding cases/matters;
- Ability to focus on detail and documentation with high data accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels in an organisation;
- Builds good relationships with peers and cross functional teams
- Confidence to escalate to more senior managers
- BSc degree (does not need to be an HR degree)
- Ability to be able to deal with and guide supervisors on HR processes
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn how the application of local UK employment law operates within the UK business
- Knowledge of Success Factors and Workday
There is a 3 days per week requirement to attend the Basingstoke office.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to complete an HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship via the apprenticeship levy programme - Working 4 days per week with the remaining 1 day per week dedicated to attending apprenticeship course/training.
BRING YOUR TRUE SELF TO WORK
Embracing diversity is at the core of our long-held value of respect for people. It is the lens through which we understand and respond to the unique needs of the millions of individuals who depend on our medicines. For us, embracing diversity means understanding, respecting, and valuing differences, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. The greatest measure of our diversity efforts is our ability to attract and retain exceptional employees who feel comfortable in a culture that supports them being themselves.
Sound like you? Apply now to be a part of our high performing and diverse team. In return, we’ll give you the opportunity to thrive in the role while bringing your authentic self to work.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-36547.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up