Do you have a passion for clinical trials? Are you experienced in the management of clinical trial sites? Is exceptional customer and patient care important to you? If so, then we have the role for you.
The Clinical Development Consultant (CDC) is responsible for the management of clinical sites being considered and/or participating in Lilly clinical trials; inclusive of site identification and qualification, the timely delivery of clinical trial enrollment in accordance with scientific objectives, timely delivery of database locks, issues management at clinical trial sites, and ensuring inspection readiness at all times for assigned therapeutic area(s) within a region/country that enables global program delivery. In this role, you will have accountability for comprehensive site management, leveraging of information/tools to make/have informed decisions and discussions, and high quality interactions with global clinical trial sites to drive to an unparalleled customer experience. Additionally, you will be responsible for oversight of vendor monitoring activities at the sites, including the identification, mitigation and escalation of significant findings and trends. Additional local responsibilities may be required as needed/appropriate for the local geography.
Clinical Investigator Management
- Accountable for activities required at clinical trial sites by investigators and site staff participating in Lilly trials
- Accountable for comprehensive site management activities to ensure timely delivery of enrollment readiness, trial recruitment/enrollment and database locks Responsible for identifying potential opportunities to accelerate trial enrollment, while driving to an unparalleled clinical trial/customer experience
- Accountable for the application of scientific, therapeutic area, and institutional/regional expertise to inform and ensure timely delivery of trial enrollment and quality data Responsible for the development of strategic institutional/site relationships to optimize the delivery of clinical trial programs; including across therapeutic areas where applicable
Clinical Trial Management
- Responsible for the development and implementation of applicable site risk plans to ensure delivery of clinical trial enrollment commitments and database locks
- Ensure site and country level inspection readiness at all times
- Utilize metrics to inform site/country/regional level decision making
- Work with internal and external groups to remove barriers to trial execution at a site and/or country level
- Responsible for understanding local treatment paradigms and standard of care to support targeted feasibility and strategic allocation of trials as required
- Provide vendor oversight for site monitoring activities at site/country level
Business Management and Engagement
- Establishes and develops strong professional relationships with active/potential clinical investigators to expand/maintain clinical research partnership opportunities and provide an unparalleled experience for participation in Lilly clinical trials.
- Cross functional collaboration and partnership to ensure alignment in priorities and deliver the portfolio
- Perform targeted sites prospecting in alignment with portfolio strategy & priority Maintain therapeutic and technical expertise to enable scientific discussions with the investigator and site personnel
- Serve as an effective communication “bridge” between sites, third party vendors and Lilly Influence and challenge factors in order to improve clinical research delivery