Post-Doctoral Scientist – DCRT
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available immediately at Lilly S.A. R+D department in Madrid. A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Research & Development department (DCRT) at the Lilly S.A. company in Spain.
Cell biology department at Lilly combines pharmacology and translational research in cell culture, mouse models, and human clinical samples. The lab employs state-of-the-art techniques in the fields of oncology. A major focus of our lab is to study how cancer preclinical models respond to multiple treatments in advanced stage solid tumors by integrating pharmacology, cell biology, proteomic and metabolomic tools.
We are seeking a creative, career-driven candidate to join our group. Candidates must hold a PhD. A Strong publication record and significant experimental training in molecular biology, biochemistry, and cellular biology are required. Experience in genetic mouse models, and patient derived models, either organoids or PDx, or bioinformatics is a plus.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research will assist in the design, development, execution, and implementation of scientific research and/or development in collaboration with a research team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Successful candidates will design and conduct independent research to understand pharmacological mechanisms, as well as develop preclinical hypothesis to support clinical studies.
- Work independently with high motivation and a strong publication record.
- Design and conduct experiments, prepare protocols and slides, summarize experimental data, and assist with progress reports and papers, etc.
- Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in biology, cell biology, oncology, or a related field.
- Expertise in basic molecular/cell biology/pharmacological techniques (RNA seq, WES, cell culture, Western blot, Inmunohystochemistry, ELISA, High Content Imaging) related experiments is a must.
- Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities.
- Experience in generation of patient derived models, organoids and PDX, is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of working in the biomarkers field is a plus.
- Resume, including a list of publications
- Names of three professional references
About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team.
Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Laboratory and classroom training and education to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across dozens of postdoctoral scientists and other researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-15758.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up