Customer Meeting Services Associate
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Title: Associate, Customer Meeting Services- Local
Leader, Customer Meeting Services Hub
One of Lilly’s most important corporate objectives is to improve patient outcomes. A key step in achieving this goal is to first improve our relationship and experience with external health care providers (HCP) and health care organization (HCO). It is imperative that Lilly is positioned both to lead and deliver a succinct strategy, strong partnership and a positive experience with all HCP and HCO across all touchpoints.
How we engage with HCP as we contract them or implement the logistical aspects of the meeting and/or event is essential in creating a positive customer experience.
Failure to identify, develop, and maintain HCP relationships has the potential to limit Lilly’s understanding of a disease, potential treatments, and the patients, HCP’s and payer’s needs. These limitations can negatively impact the company’s ability to improve individual patient outcomes. Therefore, we must prioritize how we engage with HCP throughout every touchpoint to ensure we are meeting the needs of the patients we serve.
The Customer Meeting Associate-Local is, together with third party Meeting and Planning Companies, the point of customer service and communication and strategic project management implementation for all locally funded meeting & events logistics such as contracting, travel, transparency rules, and meeting information. The Customer Meeting Associate-Local will engage as a strong business partner with the Meeting Owners and ensure holistic and seamless experiences for our Health care professionals that are providing a service to Lilly or that are invited as delegates to congresses and meeting
- Represent and deliver excellent customer service and a positive customer experience
- Create strong partnerships with Meeting Owners across each Business unit.
- Understand customer expectations and needs of Meeting Owners undertaking timely and appropriate actions to ensure fulfillment of expectations.
- Effectively develop, collaborate, and manage relationships with external partners to positively impact Lilly events in all channels: face2face, hybrid and virtual.
- Provide strategic consultancy to business partners on meeting programs based on knowledge, experience and data.
- Initiate and maintain project plans, lead kick-off calls and conference calls with crossfunctional teams and Meeting Planning Companies on a regular basis.
- Event management: Overseeing the end-to-end meeting process.
- Travel on-site (if required) for overseeing and hosting the meeting and is responsible for a successful execution of the event program.
- Review, analyse, and propose necessary interventions on post-event customer surveys, budget recaps and incorporate learning into future plans and for management and metrics report.
- Debrief on meetings with all teams involved.
- Be part or European or Global initiatives focused on improving Lilly meeting program.
- Comply with the Global Standards on Meetings and Events and all other relevant Lilly standards and procedures.
- Support business on procedures and policies connected with meetings.
Business Planning and Operations:
- Responsible for understanding the Business Unit for meetings, including full budget oversight.
- Oversee the payment process for meetings.
- Establish and maintain internal partnerships with compliance, finance and procurement.
- Be responsive to audit readiness, quality and compliance requests.
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, and/or customer service experience in meeting management.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus with the ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication when dealing with other key business partners and external customers.
- Strong proficiency and learning agility with various computer applications and software.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Strong time-management, interpersonal, problem-solving, negotiation, influencing, motivational, project management, and critical thinking skills with ability to use effectively in a team, cross-functional, matrix, and global multi-cultural and virtual environment.
- Ability to model and exemplify teamwork to ensure success of business and peers.
- High learning agility with ability to adapt to a changing environment and champion organizational change with a strong customer and people orientation/focus.
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills with ability to assess risk to effectively make decisions and defend positions.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Strong background in various forms of engaging with customers.
- Previous experience partnering with external vendors.
- Working knowledge of compliance issues and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with business planning process and budgeting.
- Ability to create and maintain external/vendor business partnerships.
- Six-Sigma and/or project management experience.
- 4 year bachelor’s university degree ( Preferred Tourism Business / Public Relations)
- Fluent in English – Advanced
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-20873.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up